Thursday, 21 February 2019

Breaking the 4th Wall Reflection


For this project, we had to focus on breaking the 4th wall. In theater, the 4th wall represents the wall separating the actors and performers and the audience. It makes it so that the audience is looking into a scene, like being a fly on the wall. When you break the 4th wall, it means that the actors connect directly to the audience, as if to include the audience into the scene.
I think that overall, my group did quite well. Harini broke the 4th wall in a really funny way that caught the audience off guard. We all made sure to be loud and clear and try to not talk over each other. Something we could have done better is our blocking and making sure that we don't block each other on stage. I think I added to the group by adding to the family feel of our piece and having small lines that made sense and helped our performance. I think that our piece overall accurately reflected the starting point of the picture that we were given.

No comments:

Post a Comment