Sunday, 26 November 2017

Art 7B Painting Reflection


In Art, we worked on an Acrylic Painting inspired by the paintings of the Artist Arturo Correa.  We had to paint a feeling or emotion that is not concrete. For example, hope, achievement, promise etc.  I chose identity.  




To paint this, I brainstormed ideas then created a full-size rough draft.  
In my painting, I used golden and yellow underpainting and covered it then with a blueish purple.

What was the theme of your painting?  Explain why you chose this theme and how you went about painting it?

The theme of my painting is Identity. I chose this because I wanted to paint things that kind of show who I am. I painted this painting by drawing things close to my heart or things that contribute to who I am. I have the swimming goggles surrounded by sea creatures because I am a swimmer. I also have a teardrop/sweatdrop with glitter. The glitter represents the other people's view on swimming. The drop represents what it really is, because although it is fun, it gets really hard sometimes.

Which is more important in a work of art, technical quality or expression? Why?

I think expression is more important because you could have a really pretty painting that is perfectly painted, but it still doesn't have meaning. And meaning is the most importing part because it makes a painting relateable.

What did you like about this assignment, and what did you find challenging?

What I liked about this assignment is that we got to paint things important to ourself and we got to make it really beautiful.






















No comments:

Post a Comment