Monday, 26 February 2018
Heavy and Light
This week in drama, we have been working on miming. We were told to create a short skit where we pick an object and one person finds it heavy and one person finds it light. In this assignment, we are working on maintaining shape and size of an object and passing it around.
I think our project was quite good and we portrayed our story well. I feel like it was easy for our audience to see what our object is and what our relationship is because we put a lot of time into those things. I think our emotions were pretty good but our transitions were too rushed.
A lot of things go into miming and it is important that you remember the little things. The skills I am most comfortable with in mime is showing emotion when using an object or acting with another actor. I think this is really important because you can get your point across to the audience and make your play/skit more entertaining. Although I think my skit was pretty good, I have some skills I need to work on. For example, I thought I kept the shape of the computer consistent the whole time, but as I look at my video, I realize that the shape changed up a little bit. Also, I think that we should have made our passes clearer because as I was watching, I got a bit confused where the computer is.
In conclusion, I really enjoyed this project and I feel like I have learned a lot about miming: having the click in your arm when you pick something up, showing the relationship of the characters on stage, keeping the shape and size of an object the same and more. I also learned that I should work on a couple skills in the future to make miming more believable.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment