Thursday, 5 April 2018
Final Mime Solo Reflection
In my mime solo, I was a secret agent running away from an enemy. However, I encounter a deadly wind and have to run against it (running against the wind). I trip, and panic. Then I dive into the ocean and swim away from my enemy. When I see a ladder, I climb it (climbing a ladder) and get onto the road. I see my enemy and shoot them.
Based on production values, I think my performance was pretty good. I made sure to fade the music in and out, have clear background pictures, and have a costume that matches my story. Also, I think that my music connects to the mood of my solo. If I could change one thing, I think I would get rid of my jacket because I feel like it would make my illusions a bit clearer.
I think this performance accurately shows where I am in mime. I really like my use of emotion and sense of fear and hurry. My favorite illusion in this performance is the swimming because I think it looks the most real. I think I kept up most of my illusions and made them look real. However, I think I broke the illusion during my dive because I kind of bellyflopped onto the ground.
There is a lot of terminologies important to mime, and they can help you keep your illusions real looking. An important one is the clic. The clic is the small tensing of your muscles in your lower arm when you are pushing something or picking something up. Having focus is very important in mime. Focus is when you are focusing and looking at the object you are miming. Weight and size are keeping the size and weight of an object consistent. A broken illusion is when you make a mistake in your miming that messes up the illusion of your object and makes it confusing for the audience to see the illusion. Lastly, the fixed point is the point of an illusion. This is consistent throughout your performance. Examples of fixed point are the position of your hands on a wall or dimensions of a box.
In conclusion, I really enjoyed this miming unit and learned a lot about performing and mime.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment